Happy New Year!
The new year is one of my favorites. I’m just really jazzed about the idea of a fresh start or a blank canvas. So many possibilities! A new year gives me the same excitement like when I crack open a brand new notebook with a fresh pen.
I also like to reflect. I’m a huge thinker. I’m always thinking away about everything and anything you could imagine. My brain is constantly going a hundred miles per minute and sometimes I can barely keep up. It helps me to force my mind to slow down and look back. 2018 was an incredible year. There were some definite mountains and valleys, but it was truly amazing overall.
Here are my top moments of 2018…these are MY top moments. Not because of likes or comments. Just because they were the moments that meant the most to me and left an imprint on my heart.
1) Our Galveston Trip to TETA with my Seniors. We crammed into a van, and I drove the entire 13 hours down to the coast of Texas for our annual Theatre Educational Convention. While the convention itself was immensely rewarding, it was all of the memories that we made together as a family that meant the most. We ate seafood while dining over the gulf at Jimmy’s on the pier, touched jellyfish and stingrays at the Moody Gardens Aquarium, and went on a wild ride at the Rainforest Cafe.
2) Going to the Magnolia Silos bakery with my mom & sister. It was hot and crowded, but I loved every minute.
3) Advancing in One Act Play with our spring 2018 production of RADIUM GIRLS. I was so incredibly proud of my students that day…and it was made me feel like I might actually be making a difference in their lives.
4, 5, 6) NYC Spring Break trip!! Omg, this trip was such a blast! We saw Phantom of the Opera and Wicked on Broadway, we visited many of the tourist spots like the Statue of Liberty, we shopped in Times Square and 5th Avenue, AND we had dinner on a cruise ship.
7) My seniors graduated. This was such an emotional time and I get a little bit teary eyed when I think about it. It’s always tough when seniors graduate, but I was extremely close to these guys.
8) Ojo Caliente with Zeth for our 5th anniversary…it’s crazy to think that we are only 5 months away from our 6th. We soaked in the mineral pools, ate fried green chiles, star gazed out in the enchanting Taos night sky, and slept in the northern cabins. It was such a relaxing time together.
9) Seussical the Musical: This was the fall musical that we produced this year. We spent nearly 3 months working on this musical, so I figured that it should warrant making one of my top moments of the year. I loved everything about this production including all of the crazy colored set pieces and costumes, the music, and especially the memories.
Adios, 2018! Thanks for the laughs, the tears, and all of the beautiful moments that happened in between.